After you completed CalWORKs Orientation, we set up an appointment with a CalWORKs Counselor to discuss your courses and develop your Student Educational Plan.
Following the guidelines of AB 705, LA Valley College has implemented a NEW process for placement into English & Math courses. English as a Native Language (ENL) & Math assessments are no longer offered as of February 5, 2019. The process uses multiple measures including high school coursework, grades, and grade point average to determine placement into college-level English & Math.
- New and returning students may refer to their U.S. high school transcripts when answering the multiple measures questions as part of the initial college application.
- Continuing students will be prompted to complete the multiple measures questions in the student portal for updated English and Math placements.
In order for CalWORKs students to receive Priority Registration, you must do the following:
- Attend college and program orientation
- Meet with a college Counselor to develop Student Educational Plan
- Attend follow-up appointments
- Provide eligibility documentation for CalWORKs
Students must also attend various workshops offered by the CalWORKs program and other approved programs on campus throughout the semester.