Skip to main content

Eligibility/How to Apply


What Makes An Honors Student?

  • Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn
  • Enjoy participating in class and giving presentations
  • Appreciate enrichment activities: plays, museums, art exhibits, concerts
  • Willing to rise to the challenge
  • Autonomous learner who feels responsible for educating oneself
  • Collaborative spirit of helping one another learn
  • Educational plan includes transfer to a 4-year college/university


Incoming Freshmen Applicants

Students entering the program directly after graduating high school are required to have a cumulative, unweighted 3.25 GPA or better and a copy of high school transcripts indicating graduation date.

Continuing College Student Applicants

Students already attending college are required to have completed at least 9 (UC) transferable units with a 3.25 GPA or better and a copy of all previous college transcripts. Students with Bachelor's degree or higher are not eligible for TAP.

Maintenance and Program Completion

To maintain eligibility in the TAP Program, a student must:

  • Complete English 101 or English 101 Honors.
  • Students starting TAP after High School are required to complete 18 units of honors classes.
    Students starting TAP after 9 or more (UC) transferable units are required to complete 15 units of honors classes
  • Complete Library Science 101
  • Maintain at least a 3.25 UC transferable G.P.A. (Some schools/majors require a higher GPA to be competitive as transfers).
  • Participate in TAP/Honors for at least one academic year or a Fall and Spring semester prior to transfer. Complete at least 9 HONORS UNITS by the end of the Fall semester prior to transferring.
  • Complete TAP Certification when applying for transfer to participating colleges/universities.
  • Keep all contact information, including email address, current at all times.
  • Keep up on program information and events through monthly TAP newsletter
  • Make regular appointments with the TAP counselor.

How To Apply

To apply to the Transfer Alliance /Honors Program (TAP) please:

See the TAP Counselor on a drop-in appointment in the Counseling Department, Student Services Annex, to discuss your qualifications and to obtain an application or download the application below.

Transfer Alliance/Honors Program (TAP) Application (PDF)

TAP/Honors Counselor:
Mr. Christopher Petrini