Skip to main content

Admissions & Records Office 

Admissions & Records
Contact & Hours

Student Services Center
(SSC) 1st floor


Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Friday 8:00 AM 1:00 PM


Student Services Division Homepage

MON - THURS     8:00am - 7:00pm

FRIDAY     8:00am - 1:00pm

Los Angeles Valley College is only offering remote/online services. If you need to reach us, please use our online services below. We ask for your patience as we are working hard to serve all students.

Stay safe. Stay at home, Monarchs!

Live Chat or Video Chat.  Cick on Admissions & Records to video chat. Use the latest Google Chrome or Firefox browser with a laptop, desktop, or phone (see details below for technical requirements*).     

*Technical Requirements for Live Chat via Cranium Cafe 

  1. For desktop PC and Mac:
  2. Use the latest Chrome or Firefox internet browser
  3. Have webcam ready and activated 

For Android and Window Devices:

  1. Use Chrome
  2. Have your webcam ready and activated
  3. Have a headset with microphone ready - your cell phone headset will work great

For iOS- Apple Device:

  1. Download ConexED App from the app store**
  2. **App provides limited access.  You will be able to join a video meeting, but not share your screen or use other functions.





There's lots of things you can do online including: 

Order Official Transcripts

Send Official Transcripts to LAVC 

  1. We are receiving paper transcripts weekly.
  2. We are receiving electronic transcripts from eTranscript California. This is the best way to send transcripts to us. Click Here for a list of eTranscript California Schools.
  3. Los Angeles Valley College also accepts transcripts from: Credential Solutions, National Student Clearinghouse, and Parchment transcript services. 

Have transcripts sent to from one of those organizations.

NOTE: UC System Transcript Deadline 
The UC transcript deadline is rapidly approaching, but please don’t panic because the UC System will not rescind admission until the first day of classes if transcripts have not been received. 

The process for requesting transcripts is essentially the same. You need to request transcripts from the National Student Clearinghouse. If you are requesting PDF transcripts be sent, please attach a PDF to your transcript request which includes the following information: 

  1. Student ID Number
  2. Last Name
  3. First Name
  4. School the transcript is being sent to, including the address
  5. Email address where they would like the transcript sent

THINKING ABOUT DROPPING A CLASS?                                                  FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXCUSED WITHDRAWALS              If you are experiencing personal, professional or academic challenges due to COVID -19, we want to work with you so that your academic record is not impacted. If you choose to drop a class, you will can take an Excused Withdrawal (EW) from your class(es), which will not impact your GPA for transfer or degree purposes.

When can I drop a class?                                                                              Students who drop a class by the last day to drop with a W for Spring 2020 will receive an automatic EW. After that date, a student who continues to experience personal, professional or academic challenges due to COVID-19, may request an EW by sending an email from their district email account to the Students may request an EW grade up to one year after the class ended.  

Will I get a refund if I drop with an EW?                                                                  If a student decides to withdraw at this time, a refund of enrollment fees and other related fees will be made. If you paid for your classes using cash, personal check or credit card and do withdraw from the class due to the coronavirus outbreak, a refund will be automatically processed.

Will this impact my Financial Aid?                                                                         If you received Federal aid (Pell grant, SEOG, Direct loans) and/or State aid, withdrawing from classes may result in you owing all or a portion of your financial aid. It is highly recommended to consult with the Financial Aid Office if you want to know what the consequences of an EW will be.

I am a Veteran? Will this impact my Veteran benefits?                                    An “EW” that is due to COVID-19 will prompt the VA to automatically apply “mitigating circumstances”. You should not owe back any BAH/Monthly stipend already received. Your BAH/monthly stipend rate will be adjusted based off the number of units you remain enrolled in going forward, effective the date you withdraw. Entitlement will be charged for the days you were enrolled. Please consult the Veterans Resource Center for other options or to address your individual circumstances.

I still have more questions, who can I speak with regarding my individual circumstance?                                                                                Please check the LAVC Student Townhall Questions & Answers for answers to your most commonly asked COVID-19-related questions. You can also contact Admissions and Records for withdrawal questions, or the Business Office for fee questions.

Students are responsible for meeting prerequisites. Prerequisites are listed in the Schedule of Classes and Course Catalog. Students may use unofficial transcripts to clear prerequisites based on classes taken at California colleges and universities. Students who have taken classes at colleges and universities outside California need to contact the Counseling Department for assistance in determining whether prerequisites have been met.

From your LACCD Student Email Account, send an email to that contains:

  1. LastName, FirstName
  2. LACCD Student ID Number
  3. Course for which you are attempting to enroll
  4. Course(s) on your transcript which you believe meet the prerequisite(s).
  5. Contact phone number
  6. Attach your unofficial transcript. The transcript must include the college/ university name and your name.

A California resident for tuition purposes, is a person who has resided in California for at least one year and one day prior to the start of the term. Residency is determined at the time of application. To appeal your initial residency determination, you must submit a Supplemental Residency Questionnaire (SRQ) along with supporting documents including documents that determine whether you are financially independent. Student’s residency status determines fees and eligibility for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG).

To request your residency be re-evaluated, please:

  1. Download and complete a Supplemental Residency Questionnaire (SRQ). 
  2. Collect and attach at least two forms of proof of residency.
  3. Email your SRQ and residency documentation to
  4. If you received notification that you may qualify for AB 540, please also attach an AB 540 Affidavit

Admissions and Records accepts petitions for:

  1. Petition to Withdraw from Class(es)
  2. Enrollment Priority/ California College Promise Grant Loss Appeal
  3. Course Repetition Petition
  4. General Petition
  5. Waiver of Dismissal

Here’s how to submit your petition:

  1. Fill out the petition
  2. Attach your personal statement, and required supporting documentation
  3. Email the petition and documentation to