Skip to main content

UC, CSU & Private, Transfer Information


Transferring to California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) Campuses

Transfer information for the California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) Campuses can be found on ASSIST. ASSIST is an academic planning tool that can help you determine if the courses you are taking at LAVC are equivalent to courses at the CSU and UC systems.  ASSIST also show how those courses will apply to a specific academic major or general education requirements. Please meet with a counselor for more details.

Transferring to a Private University

Entrance requirements may be similar to public institutions or require an additional supplemental application. Some independent schools have substitute, additional, or specialized course requirements for admission. For more information, please see a counselor.

Click on an icon to view more information.

Learn more about transferring to a CSUTransfer to a CSU Learn more about transferring to a UCTransfer to a UC

Learn more about transferring to a Private UniversityTransfer to a Private University



Learn more about the Career/Transfer Center at LAVCCareer Transfer Center Webpage


Student Educational Planning

A Student Educational Plan (SEP) is a semester by semester plan that helps you  know what courses to take each semester to reach your goal. Here are some guidelines to consider when creating a SEP: