How to Enroll 

Cooperative Education Eligibility:

Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) requires a structured work environment and supportive supervisors or mentors to collaborate in overseeing student learning objectives. The application requires students, in partnership with their supervisor, to create measurable objectives to be achieved during the semester of enrollment.


The student must be employed, volunteering or interning prior to registering for Cooperative Education. Self-employed students, temps, substitutes, informal childcare providers and homecare providers are not eligible.


Cooperative Education Expectations (Word)  (PDF)


Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free.


Application Process:

  1. Prospective students must first apply for admissions if they are new or returning students to LAVC.  To apply for admissions at Los Angeles Valley College visit the Admissions & Records Office page.
  2. Download and complete the Cooperative Education Application Packet.
  3. Call the Cooperative Ed. Office at 818-947-2334 or send an email to to schedule an appointment to meet with a Co-op Ed. faculty member. 
  4. Show up to your appointment to have your appliction packet reviewed by a Co-op Ed. faculty member. A permission number to add the class will be provided for registration upon review and approval of application.

Summer Session (June 15, 2020 - August 14, 2020)


Summer Application Coming Soon

Students can earn 1-3 units of college credit during summer session. The unit breakdown is as follows:

Paid Positions          

75 hours = 1unit 

150 hours = 2 units

225 hours = 3 units


 Interns (Unpaid)

 60 hours = 1 unit

120 hours = 2 units

180 hours = 3 units



Cooperative Ed. courses are not offered during the Winter Intersession.