Apply for Veterans Services Benefits
Veterans Services Contact & Hours
Mon - Thu 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
How do I apply for benefits?
- Apply for VA benefits: logon to VONAPP
- Apply to LAVC: New students and students who have not attended for a year logon to CCC Apply. Select "Apply online". Admissions & Records will email you a student ID # and instructions on obtaining a registration appointment.
- Apply for Financial Aid: applying for financial aid is highly recommended since this will not affect your VA benefits. Log on to FAFSA
- Complete the three Core Services OAC:
- Orientation: Complete online orientation at on-line
- Assessment: Review the pre-assessment video online at Assessment Center then contact the Assessment Center at (818) 947-2587 lcoated at SSC 242 to schedule an appointment for English and math assessment .
- Counseling/Educational Planning: Complete the First Semester Educational Planning online at SEP session or attend an in-person session conducted by a counselor
- Counseling Appointment: Schedule an appointment with a counselor (on-line).
- NOTE: If you have transcripts from outside LACCD, you must request transcripts to be sent directly to LAVC Admissions & Records prior scheduling the appointment. Do not use the on-line system to schedule the appointment. Please call 818 947-2600 x 4200 to schedule a 1-hour appointment for a transcript evaluation.
- In order for VA Benefits certifications to be processed, transcriptd must be received no later than your second semester of attendance.
Benefits Available To Veterans
If you qualify for benefits and wish to attend Los Angeles Valley College, our office will act as the designated liaison with the regional office of the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). We can provide you with one-on-one assistance and counseling in the administration of your benefits.