The Career/Transfer Center Provides the Following
- Assists students seeking to continue their studies at either a four-year college or university, and/or obtain an AA degree, or enroll in one of many certificate programs.
- Has a library of information on careers and colleges as well as computer access to the world wide web.
- Provides opportunities to meet with college representatives.
- Conduct workshops on such topics as "How to Transfer", "Deciding on a Major", and "College application workshops".
- Offers career counseling, career assessments, and information and registration materials for the SAT, ACT, TOEFL, CBEST, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, LSAT and CSET.
- AB 540 workshop Various Dates, May 2013
- Resume Writing and Interview Workshops Various Dates, May 2013
- UC Representative Various Dates, May 2013
- Undecided Career & Major Workshop Various Dates, May 2013
- UCLA Representative May 1 & 22, 2013
- Antioch University Representative May 6, 2013
- Cal State Northridge Representative May 6 & 14, 2013
- UC Los Angeles Peer Mentor May 8 & 22, 2013
- Mt. Sierra College Representative May 9 & 16, 2013
- TAP Luncheon May 14, 2013
- Mount St. Mary's College Representative May 15 & 23, 2013
- CSUN Business & Economics Workshop May 16 & 21, 2013
Virtual Career Center
- Application Help Info Chart (PDF)
- Career & Educational Web Sites (PDF)
- College Representatives Directory (PDF)
- Financial Aid Websites
- Transcript Information
- Transfer Web Sites (PDF)
- UC Application personal statement information
- What Can I Do With This Major?
On-line applications are preferred by all the following colleges. The websites include information on fee waivers, scholarships, and financial aid. Students are asked to print out a receipt after transmitting their application to keep as proof of transmittal. Students are encouraged to apply on-line at the following websites:
|UC and CSU Fall 2014 application website opens October 1 - November 30|
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY
Provides: virtual campus tours; applications for admissions; course planning
to meet CSU admissions requirements; admissions and financial aid
information; free email account to communicate with CSU campuses; quick
answers to important questions; and much more.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
Provides: electronic application for admission during filing periods;
financial aid and admissions information; student housing information;
extra-curricular activities; courses offered at each of the UC campuses;
admissions requirements; and much more up-to-date information about UC.
Provides: UC guidance to help applicants complete their personal statement.
UNIVERSITY OF SOURTHERN CALIFORNIA
Provides: admissions standards; application deadlines and procedures; cost
of attendance and financial aid; scholarship information; transferring to
USC; majors available at USC; student life; academics; and campus.