To qualify for admission, Los Angeles Valley College requires applicants to demonstrate:
- English Proficiency
- Academic Ability
- Financial Solvency
Admissions requirements are the same; however, procedures vary based on the type of applicant. Let's figure out what type of applicant you are.
1. Out-Of-Country Applicants
Are you applying to LAVC from your country and planning to apply for your visa at home?
If you answered yes, you are an out-of-country applicant.
2. Transfer Student Applicants
Are you currently attending another educational institution in the United States on an F-1 (student) visa?
If you answered yes, you are a transfer student.
3. Change-Of-Status Applicants
Are you currently in the United States and want to change your visa type to become an F-1 student?
If you answered yes, you are a change-of-status applicant.
4. Concurrently Enrolled Applicants
F-1 Visa students who wish to concurrently enroll in a class at Los Angeles Valley College while attending another school, must submit the following documents to the International Students Admissions Office located in the Student Services Building:
- Application for Admission
- Copy of current I-20
- Copy of Passport, F-1 Visa and I-94 (bring originals as well)
- An original letter from your current DSO verifying your status as well which classes you wish to take. These documents need to be submitted every semester you concurrently enroll at Los Angeles Valley College.