LOCATION, CONTACT INFORMATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
Student Services Center (SSC) 1st Floor
Mon - Thu: 8am - 7pm
Friday: 8am - 1pm
To qualify for admission, Los Angeles Valley College requires applicants to demonstrate:
- English Proficiency
- Academic Ability
- Financial Solvency
Admissions requirements are the same; however, procedures vary based on the type of applicant. Let's figure out what type of applicant you are.
- OUT-OF-COUNTRY APPLICANT
Are you applying to LAVC from your country and planning to apply for your visa at home? If you answered yes, you are an out-of-country applicant. Click here for out-of-country admissions procedures.
- TRANSFER STUDENT APPLICANTS
Are you currently attending another educational institution in the United States on an F-1 student visa? If you answered yes, you are a transfer student.
Click here for transfer student application procedures.
- "CHANGE OF STATUS" APPLICANTS
Are you currently in the United States and want to change your visa type to become an F-1 student? If you answered yes, you are a change-of-status applicant.
Click here for change-of-status application procedures.
- CONCURRENTLY ENROLLED APPLICANTS
If you wish to concurrently enroll in a class at Los Angeles Valley College, while attending another school, you must submit the following documents to the International Students Office for each semester you wish to enroll:
- LAVC Application for Admission [PDF: 300KB]
- Current I-20 (must bring the original and one copy)
- An original letter from your current Designated School Official (DSO) or counselor verifying your status and the class(es) you wish to take. The letter must also include Los Angeles Valley College, units approved, and the semester/year.