Transfer Student Applicants
Student Services Center (SSC) 1st Floor email@example.com
Mon - Thu: 8am - 7pm
Friday: 8am - 1pm
Los Angeles Valley College (LAVC) is authorized by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to issue I-20s (Certificates of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status).
Step 1 – Application Process
International Students will be considered for admission to LAVC if all of the following requirements are met:
Los Angeles Valley College
- Admission Application - Apply On-line by the due date. It is imperative that all questions are answered correctly. Note: The on-line application contains questions about your visa status under the area "Visa and Dependent Information." If you have an F-1 Visa, please enter the information as stated on your visa. If you do not have an F-1 Visa yet, choose "F-1 Visa" under current visa type and enter 08/01/2017 as the visa issue date and check the "no expiration date" box. LAVC On-line application.
- Student Information – Student Information Sheet [PDF: 183KB] must be fully completed and signed. Make sure your chosen major is offered by LAVC. See Major and Code List [PDF: 105KB].
- Financial Support- Complete a Confidential Financial Statement [PDF: 133KB]. The total amount must reflect the required annual fees [PDF: 121KB].
- English Language Requirement – Student must have full English language proficiency. The following methods may be used to show proficiency:
- TOEFL score 45 IBT, 133 CBT or 450 PBT
- IELTS score
- Academic Records - Provide original transcripts from high (secondary) school completion and diploma. All records which are not into English must be translated in English.
- Passport and Visa Information - Provide copies of your passport, visa and I-94
- Two Passport size photographs
- Application Processing Fee – NOTE: the application and documents will not be reviewed until the processing fee is received. A non-refundable application fee of $ 50 must be included with your application. Fee is accepted by money order or cashier’s check payable to Los Angeles Valley College and in U.S. dollars. No personal checks or credit cards accepted.
- Current I-20 - Submit a copy of the I-20 issued by your current institution.
- Student Status Verification - Submit a Student Status Verification Form [PDF: 34KB]filled out by the International Student Advisor at your current institution.
- Transcripts: Provide official transcripts from ALL previous U.S. schools attended. 2.0 G.P.A. or higher is required Request your transcripts to be mailed at the address below since hand-in transcripts are not accepted and/or considered official.
International Students Office
5800 Fulton Avenue
Valley Glen, CA 91401-4096
To prevent delays in processing your application, download the Application Checklist and Deadline [PDF: 742KB] to ensure your application is complete.
Step 2 – Assessment and Orientationand D
International students are required to assess prior to attending orientation. Assessment will help you determine your math and English levels and help you enroll in appropriate level courses. Orientation will ease your transition to LAVC and familiarize you with our policies and procedures. During orientation you will review you assessment scores, plan your classes for the upcoming semester and make sure you know what is required of you to maintain your F-1 student status at Los Angeles Valley College.
After your orientation you are required to meet with a counselor once a semester to ensure you are enrolled in the appropriate courses, that you are “in-status” and making satisfactory academic progress.
Step 3 – Enrolling in Classes
You may register online at your pre-appointed registration time.
You can enroll online at: http://www.laccd.edu/student_information/sis_logon.htm.
If you do not know when you are supposed to register, you can find your appointment online at www.laccd.edu/student_information/sis_logon.htm.
Step 4 – Paying Your Fees
Tuition and fees are due at the time of registration. A fee receipt is required to buy books at the campus bookstore. You may pay your fees in-person in the Business Office, or you may pay online at http://www.laccd.edu/student_information/sis_logon.htm.