Skip to main content
Financial Aid Office

How Do I Qualify for Financial Aid?

Contact & Hours

(818) 947-2412
8am - 7pm
8am - 1pm
Please provide student ID# with email message.

Click this button to go to the Financial Aid Forms page
Click this button to go view the net price calculator
Cash Course. Your Real-live money guide.

Related Links

Gainful Employment Data

To be considered for financial aid, students must generally meet the following minimum requirements:

  • Be a U.S Citizen or eligible non-citizen (a permanent resident who has valid documentation from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS formerly INS) verifying that his/her stay in the U.S. is for other than a temporary purpose).

  • Have a valid Social Security Number.
  • Demonstrate an Ability to Benefit [PDF: 242KB] as defined by federal regulations by meeting one of the conditions listed below:
    1. Earned a U.S. or Foreign high school diploma.
    2. Earned a Certificate of General Education Development (GED).
    3. Passed a high school proficiency examination.
    4. Completed a high school education in home school setting approved under state law.

Please note new regulation effective July 1, 2012: Students who first enroll in a program of study on or after July 1, 2012 MUST have a high school diploma or its equivalent or meet the home schooled requirements or passed the GED to be eligible for financial aid.

  • Be enrolled (or plan to enroll) as a regular student working toward one eligible program: Certificate, AA/AS Degree, or Transfer Program.
  • Comply with Selective Service registration, if required to do so.
  • Certify that you are not in default on a federal student loan and that you do not owe a repayment on a federal student grant.
  • Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
  • Demonstrate financial need, except for some loan programs.

Convictions for processing or selling illegal drugs may affect your federal financial aid eligibility.


A student who attempts to obtain financial aid by fraud will be suspended from financial aid for unsatisfactory conduct. The college may report such instances to local law enforcement agencies, to the California Student Aid Commission and to the Federal Government. Restitution of any financial aid received in such manner will be required.

Please note: Students cannot receive financial aid for audited or community services classes. If you decide for whatever reason to audit or enroll in a community services class or classes, you are ineligible to receive a BOGFW or any other financial aid for this course(s). You are solely responsible for the payment of this class or classes. No exceptions to this policy can be made.