Cooperative Education - Student + Employer + College
is now OPEN!
Add Permits may be obtained
through February 19, 2016.
EMPLOYERS / JOB SEEKERS
The College Central Network is the primary job posting service for LAVC and is a FREE service to the local community.
LAVC Cooperative Education Named 2015 College Program of the Year
he LAVC Cooperative Education Program was recognized as the 2015 College Program of the Year by the California Internship & Work Experience Association at the annual Professional Development Conference on April 9. In addition, LAVC's industry partner Universal Studios Hollywood was recognized as the Employer of the Year. The LAVC Cooperative Education Program was singled out for its "leadership and commitment to providing an exemplary cooperative education program that incorporates continuous improvement and encourages students to view the workplace as a lifelong learning environment." Doug Marriott accepted the award on behalf of the college, and Academic Affairs Dean Laurie Nalepa was also present at the conference. Universal Studios Hollywood was nominated for the Employer of the Year by the LAVC Cooperative Education Program, and it continues to be an outstanding working partner of the college for the Universal Studios internship program. Congratulations!
Benefits to students
- Transferable college units for work/intern experience
- A structured program to improve and advance at work while building your resume
- Career guidance in a realistic setting
- Program Available Spring, Summer and Fall
- Learn more
Benefits to employers
- Employers establish a cooperative relationship with the college
- Cooperative Education students are often more motivated, enthusiastic employees when they see their work is evaluated and translated into college units
- Employers benefit when supervisor-employee communications and relationships are improved and clear goals / objectives / timelines are agreed upon
- Learn more
Benefits to college+community
- Cooperative Education helps students become more effective and productive workers
- The economy benefits from an increased number of skilled workers with real world experience
- Increases Faculty awareness of business and industry requirements